Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Surroundings...

Well everyday is the same routine...
I wake up, eat, take a bath, wear clothes, go to school...
And that's it...
Even if going back, everything's the same except maybe the weather...
Did nothing really change or am I just not paying attention?

I said these lines to myself over and over again...
almost like a song that you keep singing every single day...
So I did something different for a change...
I started to pay attention to what's around me...

Firstly,
In waking up, nothings really different except maybe for the breakfast around me...
While eating, its the same scenario...
The TV is on while on abs-cbn though nobody pays attention to it...
While eating I finally found out something...
There's no flavor in my food! I only feel if its hot or cold but taste? I taste nothing...
I've been waking up to the same routine for years yet I only found out about this just now...
Maybe next time I'll change the order of what I do when I wake up so I can finally taste what I eat...

Now that I'm wearing my uniform, time to leave...
Now riding a tricycle every day was a pain because the number of vehicles passing by our street was very limited during the morning...
Once I find a ride, I take the opportunity...
In going out of my house up to the main road takes 2 tricycles...
the first one is a pain but the second one will be easier since I'll be riding from the station meaning there will be a lot of tricycles there...
What was surprising this day was that I saw a little child about 6-7 years old with a big bag on his back...
The child was barely old to cross the streets yet I saw him walking to the station with that big backpack...
Fortunately, the driver was kind enough to treat him with more care since he was just a child...
Now I said to myself, these children are so young yet their parents already leave them to roam around freely in the streets... I felt pity for the child...

Now that I'm at the main road...
Finding an FX was a breeze since there was also a station very nearby...
In riding an FX, Some of the faces we're familiar since I see them everyday...
But of course there are still new faces to be seen...
One of the things that made me wonder was this student that rode the FX also...
Back at the first semester, before I went to school, I always hanged at the 7-11 nearby...
Inside, I would always see this guy who was also a student of UST standing while paying all his attention to his phone...
He would always wait for this girl who was also a student of UST... talk about small world eh?
I would always be beside them at the FX... although they don't really talk much, they just stare at each other like there having a conversation telepathically...
Now, this was different... The guy was nowhere in sight...
The girl on the other hand was just there staring at all directions...
Because I was facing her, I managed to get a good look at her from time to time...
She had a sad expression on her face but she tried to cover it with a tiny smile...
Maybe she could fool the others but I know that she's depressed...

Ok... now at the city hall, which means I'm only one more jeepney ride away to school...
This place is the usual place to see some of my highschool friends...
I saw some of their faces so we just greeted ourselves with a wave...
Now looking at the fellow students/commuters...
I saw a roller coaster of emotions...
Some where smiling to the point you'll get irriated...
Some where depressed as if they just lost someone...
I saw the seven dwarves with those people...

Finally, School...
Nothing new... except for the faces that will be impossible to remember...
There was always this feeling I felt only at school... Confidence...
Now classes are boring no doubt...
Same teachers... Different topics yet the same lesson...
Nothing new happens except for quizzes and assignments...
The clock hits 12 in the afternoon... I'ts dismissal...

In going home, my mind seems to wander off...
I start to ignore everyone around me...
My body goes on auto-pilot...
I don't realize anymore whats happening except for the fact that I'm going home...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We laughed until we had to cry. We loved right down to our last goodbye..."

0 comments: