Thursday, November 20, 2008

Epiphany....

Time for a change...
Don't expect that the world will change for you...
We think they don't understand us yet the truth is that they really do but we just ignore them and continue walking a path of loneliness...
Enough Sulking... Enough worthless quotes on my notebook... Enough pain... My heart started to beat once more and this time, it wont stop until the end of my fading days...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just had a reality check courtesy of Y.F.C. or Youth For Christ...
I know I don't bother attending these somewhat worthless events...
But I just happened to know that my friend was there so I tried to attend those worship events even though I'm not a member...
When I went inside this room that had a sign outside saying "Chapel"...
The environment was like all Y.F.C.s, non-stop singing and... more non-stop singing...

I saw my friend sitting in the middle row of the room... Luckily there was a seat close to her so I grabbed the opportunity of having a seat...
My other friend which was my classmate back at 1st semester was also there...
I said my greetings to them... Unfortunately she was 2 sits apart me so I couldn't really talk to her at the moment...
Then, more of my previous classmates entered the room... the event started...

At first there was a speaker who was saying how blessed he is for being given money by his brother and father because he was really short on cash and then being payed for by his friend in one of his jeepney rides...
He said how much blessed he is for being helped at the right time of his life...
After speaking, everyone sang like there was no tomorrow...
I never really tried to sing even when with a crowd but this time... I sang because my seat was very close to the middle of the room...

At first, I looked at the people around me... First idea I had was that everyone was like in those "Iglesia ni Kristo" tv programs... Raising their hands while singing out loud...
The speaker was also singing out loud while his eyes closed and his face was pointed at the ceiling...

The singing and the speech didn't really affect me in any way but what got my attention was the song...
I like the lyrics... more than like I could say...
The lyrics of those different songs in that 1/2 lengthwise paper really motivated me...

The song was telling me to change...
No need to sulk...
Why bother crying? It's like crying over spilled milk...
I spent to much time dwelling over the worthless past...
I have to look on the present and on what's ahead of my malleable future...
There's no such thing as being lonely... He's always there for all of us...
No matter how much stupidity we commit, no matter how much we ignore him... He's always ready to give a hand...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the program ended...
I walked my friend home...
I don't know why but I always feel happy when I'm with her...
I feel time goes to a stand still when I'm spending time with her...
I told her that it was late... she asked why did I stayed...
I told her that I liked staying with her... She asked if it was because she was talkative...
I simply said that there are a lot of reasons why... so much that it is unexplainable...
Was it even romantic to say that? I don't know... *laughing*

After walking her at the overpass, I went home...
Nothing new happened while in traffic except for the usual traffic jams...
I arrived home at 7:45 and with a smile on my face... something that I didn't come home with before...

Goodnight...

0 comments: