Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Why now?

Why should this faint memory return
Is it to merely haunt me for life
Is it to stay as long as my heart beats
Or is it here again to tell me something else

Why can't I just accept the word No
I just won't quit
Even if I'm left bleeding at a corner
I just wont quit, I fight to the last beat

It's hard to accept that fact
That truly sad fact
That no matter what I try
I can't bring her back to my arms

So should I just watch this memory
As it runs in my mind over and over again
Every detail is still clear as a lake
Everything is so vivid about her

Her every detailed part
From her distinct eyes
To her fingernails
I can see them so clearly... so painful

Now I stare at her back
Wishing I could return to the past
To stop myself from doing that error
That error that led to my own demise

Friends, Family, they can't help
No matter how much time I spend with them
I can still remember her from time to time
every image of her that seemed like an angel

Just this once, I would like to change this scene
So I could turn the tables
Instead of staring at her back
I'll be beside her holding that hand

And so another night ends
with another senseless poem
and before I bid my farewell
I say... I miss you as the rose misses the sun

Adieu...

If only my apologies can reach her heart just once... If only...

0 comments: