Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The cold's embrace...

5:00am, I was woken by continues knocks on my door
And as I rise from the bed that pulls me back
The cold embraces me once again
Giving me one message, I'll never let you go...

While I eat this tasteless breakfast of mine
I hear the news from the telly behind me
If I was to summarize it into one word
It would be "death" and nothing more

Even at the showers, it still embraces me
The cold embrace outweighs even the hottest water
Shivering I may be from my quick bath
Being absent was not a given choice for me...

As I leave the premises of the place I call home
I was offered to wear a jacket by my dearly mother
But I declined her gracious offer
I wanted to feel more of the cold's embrace in my skin...

A trip to school was nothing special
Traffics and such we're daily delays I was used to
If there was something new to happen
It would be someone dying in front of me which was improbable

4 hours of mathematics, 1 hour of history
1 day of pain
A pain in the mind like a thorn stuck in the throat
But something strucked me before this day ended...

Dismissal, a time I always adored...
To run away from this mediocre problems
To have time to just sleep and live
To just escape from the insanity of heavy studying...

My watch was on 1:15...
I walked by the place we called "Plaza mayor"
The cold embrace was gone, the bright sun defeated the cold
Or so I think it was...

As I walk, I saw her waiting for me...
Curios I was, I went closer to her
She was staring at my eyes today
Something was wrong with this scene...

We talked, rather than stare all day
She asked the question I wanted to say all this time
My heart started to beat like a drum
What else could I say but the dramatic yes...She talked back...

Something was wrong with this scene
I was right, everything was to fall apart
I heard those words like a gun firing beside my ears
The words that was like an angels choir in my ears...

We just stared the whole minute...
What else was there to say...
Words we're not enough to depict the moment that lasted for a minute
As I walked her home, I stared at her as she crossed the street...
As if I was stunned by some illumination...

Fin...

0 comments: