Sunday, March 15, 2009

Curtain call for now.

The crowd goes wild and applauses while I bow for my curtain call.

My show has come to a concluding part.
This series was filled with ups and downs but mostly downs.

It was a gleeful run but all things must have an expiration.

I wrote every part of this show that gave disquiet to my own thoughts.
From the very irritating professors to the very last person that I bade farewell.

What a sad conclusion to this journey that had no definite end. But on second thought, the journey already had a depressing beginning.

As I bow, the crowd threw roses at me but others threw rotten tomatoes at me. Why? I have no idea also.

Some of the people commented that I gave a good show, some even said that I should be a jester that is doomed to be chained up in the dark dungeons of a castle.

Some asked me if I embraced the dark or did I embraced the light. I replied with twilight, a time where both sides meet.

As I peek behind the curtains and look at the leaving crowd, one idea came to my mind.
There will be no encore after this.
But will they want a new show? or will this truly end and fade in their minds as time passes by?

It's midnight and I'm preparing to leave the stage. There's only one more light lit up in the stage. No one is seating in the chairs. Not a single soul remained after the show.

But wait.. who's the silhouette rising from behind the dark?
As the unknown approaches the lit stage, it takes form and a familiar face is shown.
The last person I expected to show up, not the less wait for me until everyone else is nowhere in sight.
As she walks toward me, music plays in the dark and she held my hand.
We danced until the night reached its expiration.
And as the rays of sunlight begins to shine her face, she disappears into the air.
And the shows goes to a concluding halt.

0 comments: