Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Season ender

Months pass by so quick...
It was January and the next thing you know, it's already December.

It's time once more to spend lavishly on presents.
Presents that you give out like sweat.
It's materialistic but the feeling of giving is absent
Is this the modern definition of Christmas now?

From all corners, all I see are people whining for presents
I want this, I want that
But does it really matter?
Did the Messiah's day of birth only meant as a day for giving of material possessions?

The truth hurts but most of us are like this
We only ask for gifts but we never understand the season
We tend to think "what am I getting this Christmas?"
Instead of thinking on how Christmas saved our own faiths

I'm no exception from this misfortune
I admit I think more on presents than what the season is all about
I'm pretty sure you think of the same dilemma
We're all on the same boat now

Before we start shopping at malls
Before we start calling relatives for a big gathering
Before we empty our wallets on gifts we give out lavishly
Let's give it some thought first, what is it really about?

About a man with an overly grown beard named Santa Claus
Or about Jesus Christ who saved us all from our own sins

0 comments: